Complete each sentence with the correct ending A-H from the box below.
Write the correct letter A-H in boxes 1-5 on your answer sheet.
1. Since the 1800s tea has
2. If you purchase bagged tea, you will
3. With a global seed trade, many plants
4. Fine harvesting involves
5. Coarse harvesting entails
A declined in popularity in Britain.
B plucking the bud before the leaves.
C pay more than you would for loose leaf.
D get a lesser quality of tea.
E using only machines to pluck leaves.
F are grown in unnatural environments.
G plucking the bud and leaves at once.
H become an essential part of English culture.
Do the following statements agree with the information given in the talk?
In boxes 6-10 on your answer sheet write
TRUE if the statement agrees with the information
FALSE if the statement contradicts the information
NOT GIVEN if there is no information on this
6. You’ll get better flavour from tea leaves that have been cut, torn or crushed.
7. Green tea leaves are sometimes purposefully cut to produce a stronger taste.
8. A quality tea leaf will return to its original shape when wet.
9. Black tea water should be dark brown in colour.
10. Good green tea should have a leafy grass or chestnut smell.