DAVID HAN | 2017.03.16 | 조회 1007


저는 석사 지원을 예정하고 있습니다.

2016년 1월 29일부터 약 1년여간 DALLAS에 있는 회사에서 J1비자로 근무했습니다.

해당 주에 1년간 세금을 내고 거주했던 증명있다면 대학교 지원시 INSTATE TUITION을 받을 수 있다는 정보를 알게 되어서

학교에 문의를 해보았는데

"Unfortunately the J-1 visa is not an eligible visa to establish domicile per the list of eligible and ineligible visas from the link of the PDF we had provided you in our previous email."

"You must be in an immigration status that legally permits the establishment of a domicile in Texas for a period of at least 12 consecutive months. The J1 visa status is an ineligible visa status, therefore those on a J1 visa cannot be considered a Texas resident. "

As a J1 visa holder or a student with F1 visa, you would not be eligible to domicile for Texas residency for tuition purposes. These visa categories are not eligible to domicile. However, if you were to receive a competitive scholarship of $1000 or more, you could receive an out-of-state tuition waiver. This is different from eligibility based on Texas residency.

위와 같은 메일이 돌아왔습니다. 공통적으로 하는 말이 J1비자는 거주자로 여겨지지 않는다는 내용입니다.

이러한 상황에서 어떻게 하면 INSTATE TUITION을 적용받고 진학할 수 있는지 문의드립니다.


윗   글
 4시간 뒤에 스카이프 인터뷰에요 ㅠㅠ 너무떨려요.....